Step 1: Materials
- Wireless Flash Trigger (Search eBay for "RD616")
- Receiver with a 1/4" mono jack (typically sold with the trigger)
- 3/8" drill bit
- needle nose pliers
- soldering iron
- utility knife
- small screw driver
- a used disposible camera body with flash
- 4" of 22g insulated wire (and something to strip it with)
- 1/4" panel mount phone jack - solder
Step 2: Step 1: Initial camera disassembly
Step 3: Step 2: Test Flash
If you didn’t hear the whine, it’s most likely a bad battery. Replace the battery with a fresh one and repeat. If the flash doesn’t fire, toss the camera and get another one.
Step 4: Step 3: Continue disassembly
Set the internal frame and circuitry aside for later.
Step 5: Step 4: Modification of body to fit jack
Step 6: Step 5: The "guts" of the disposable camera
Pop off the shutter and the tiny spring that’s attached to it. There’s a small clip that’s holding the circuit board to the internal frame. Pop this and separate the two pieces.