Step 1: Materials and Prep
- Small to medium-sized throw blanket or scrap of fleecy material.
- Contrasting fabric scraps for eyes.
- A 2-3 ft zipper.
Layout to Cut:
- Fold the blanket in half the long way and decide how long you want the sleeping bag to be without the hood. If the child is sleeping in the bag this length should make it so the bag goes all the way up to the neck, or long if you want to leave extra room to grow into.
- Fold again where you want the top edge of the sleeping bag main body to be and cut the folded top off. This top part will form both the hood and the antennae/rope.
- For the last cut, trim about two inches off the long edge of the top/hoodie piece that you just cut from the main body of the sleeping bag. Look at the pictures below to see what you should end up with.