It seems being locked in the house because of snow and cold weather was good for something. I finally completed and uploaded this!
This Instructable shows how to make and use my sleeping bag system.
This system is essentially a layered sleeping bag that can also be attached to certain hammocks and has wearable components.
The idea behind this system was to create multi-use and flexible gear. Below is a list of some of my ideas.
1) It must be usable for 1 or two people.
- One set can be used in warmer weather for 2 people. ie. fleece and sheet on bottom, sleeping bag on top. or vice versa
- Two sets can be attached together to form a 2 person sleeping bag.
2) It must function in a range of temperature conditions. (layered system)
3) The components must be multi-functional and adaptable.
4) There must be a way to attach this to a hammock.
5) A reflective blanket that has eyelets added can be attached for excessive cold or emergencies (Not a good long term solution due to moisture retention.).
The components of this system are.
-quilt or regular sleeping bag.
Additional items not in this Instructable
-pillowcase - a container to stuff the sleeping bag system in http://www.instructables.com/id/Back-pack-from-a-pillow-case/
-poncho towel - can be attached as an extra layer http://www.instructables.com/id/Create-a-modified-Mexican-poncho-from-a-towel/
-Cot Hammock - slides into sleeping gear and has attachment points. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-cot-style-hammock/
When constructing this system choose one item as a template to size the rest of your system. I chose to match everything to the size of my sleeping bag (when opened the bag was the same size as my wool blanket). The size of my fleece and sheet were based off of this as were all the locations of the eyelets. I also confirmed that my sleeping pad was the correct size to fit between rows of eyelets.
Although I show most pictures of the sleeping gear system with hammocks, this gear can function alone as a layered sleeping bag.
The sheet/fleece could be used as a quilt liner with other gear you may already have.