Introduction: Slim Minimalist Wallet by Cindy
I have been a fan of slim minimalist wallets from money clip to rubber bands. Recently, my girlfriend Cindy created a minimalist wallet made from different garter sizes specifically for my needs. Unfortunately the creation process was not documented so this Instructable will simply be a show and tell for her wonderful gift :)
Step 1: Requirements and Sewing Procedure
Cindy's slim wallet is made from 4 types of garters as shown in the photo. The 2 inch black garter and 3 inch brown garter were salvaged from old garter belts. The blue garter was salvaged from an old suspenders. The small black garter was salvaged from an unused bra strap. the items were simply sewn together as shown in the photo and all the excess were trimmed down with a pair of scissors.
Step 2: Cindy's Slim Wallet Features
- The brown garter comfortably holds up to 6 credit cards
- The black garter secures up to 10 bills and keys
- the blue garter creates additional tension for the whole wallet and can be used to secure other items such as parking cards, receipts, calling cards, etc.
- The small black garter serves as a "pull tab" which can be used to expand the mouth of the wallet while inserting the credit cards. Alternatively, the pull tab can also be used as a key ring attachment which I used to secure 2 pieces of keys with a plastic string from an unused keychain (tied both ends with a secure bow tie knot)
Step 3: Extra Features
Highlights of Cindy's wallet:
- Weighs practically nothing (only a few grams)
- Amazingly slim (as seen flat beside a Pilot pen in the photo)
- Holds credit card, bills, receipts, tickets, keys, few coins.
- Can be attached to a belt, bag strap or key ring.
- Crafted from salvaged items.