This way I look like I'm a professional while I learn :)
32 feet of 1” diameter PVC Pipe cut to the sizes below. (This is what I chose to use. The dimensions of your project may vary if you wish to use a different size layout. I had to buy 35 feet in order to get the cuttings worked out correctly.)
3 cuttings 4 feet long
2 cuttings 3 feet long
4 cuttings 2 feet long
6 cuttings 1 foot long
PVC Pipe Connectors
6 T connectors
4 Elbow connectors
Queen Bedsheet – Top Sheet
Step 1: PVC Assembly
Connect a 1 foot pipe and a 2 foot pipe end to end with a T-Connector Make 2 of these.
Right and Left sides
Connect a 3 foot – Tee connector – 2 foot – Tee Connector – 1 foot – Elbow. Make 2 of these.
Connect a 1 Foot – Elbow - 4 foot – Elbow – 1 foot
Assemble pieces according to diagram.
Step 2: Sheet-nanigans
Here is how I made my fabric backstop.
My queen sized bedsheet had a top-folded seam when I bought it so I opened up the sides of the seam with a seam-ripper. This is the top section of the backstop. Attach it to the top of the PVC structure by threading the 4 foot PVC pipe through the looped section of material.
Next, I found the appropriate length for the lower seam.
With the sheet on the PVC Frame, I measured the distance needed from the top of the sheet around the back of the rear PVC cross bar. The goal is to sew a new space in the fabric that the rear pipe can be threaded through. The goal of the top section of material is that it will billow and slack so that ammo will not bounce off the back bar.
I chose to make this somewhere between 30 to 35 inches from the top of the sheet. It may be different for you based on your preference of how much billowing fabric you want to have draped across the top portion of your backstop.
Then, make one more seam across the bottom of the sheet by folding over 2-4 inches of fabric from the bottom of the sheet. The bottom cross bar will go through the sheet here.
Once the material is sewn, the Backstop is almost finished.
Step 3: Targets
I also poked some holes in a piece of cardboard and attached a page torn out of a magazine to use as a target. I will likely print out some bulls and other similar paper targets to tape to cardboard to work on more precise aim.