Introduction: Slow Cooked Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls are great for summer mornings! I always loved waking up to smelling homemade cinnamon rolls! Making these cinnamon rolls remind me of my childhood, and I just love making them!
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
1 packer of instant yeast
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tablespoons of butter (slightly melted)
2 and 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 tablespoons of milk
Step 2: Making the Dough
1. Heat milk in a saucepan until it’s warm.
2.pour milk into a bowl and add the yeast and 1 tsp of sugar. Mix manually with a spoon.
3. Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rest for about 8 minutes.
4. Pour the yeast mixture into a handheld mixer bowl, and add 1/4 sugar, salt, butter, egg, and 2 cups of flour. Mix on low until combined.
5. The Dough should be wet, so add 3/4 cup of flour, but add it a little at a time.
6. When the dough is starting to pull away from the bowl, it’s ready!
Step 3: Kneading the Dough
1. Put dough on a floured surface.
2. Knead the dough for about 2-3 minutes.
3. After the dough is kneaded, let the dough rest for 10 minutes in a bowl with a fowl over it.
4. While the dough is resting, get the slow cooker ready by lining the slow cooker with parchment paper.
Step 4: Making the Filing
1. Roll the dough out into a 14x8 rectangle.
2. Spread the softened butter on top.
3. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle it all over the dough.
Step 5: Rolling Up the Cinnamon Roll
1. After putting the filling in, roll up the dough tightly.
2. Then cut it into 8-10 pieces.
3. Insert the cinnamon rolls into the lined slow cooker.
4. Place a paper towel under the lid of the slow cooker, this will keep condensation off of the cinnamon rolls.
5. Turn the slow cooker on high speed for 2 hours.
6. Once they are done remove the cinnamon rolls by pulling the parchment paper up.
Step 6: Making the Glaze
1. Mix the confectioners’ sugar, butter, and vanilla together.
2. Add the milk slowly until you get a nice thick glaze.
3. If you want the glaze to be thinner, then add more milk.
4. After the glaze is done, then you can pour it over the cinnamon rolls.
Step 7: Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this fun and easy cinnamon rolls!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.