Introduction: Slow Cooker Ground Turkey and Hash Browns
A deliciously healthy slow cooker recipe made with ground turkey, hash browns, and cauliflower. It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
It’s been warm in the Midwest the last few weeks although the calendar says were in mid-September. So I feel like it’s too early for slow cooker meals but I’m going with it anyway.
It’s going to cool down soon enough and if you’re like me a bonafide soup lover, the weather doesn’t matter. It could be 80 degrees every day and I’d still eat soup. This recipe is a cross between soup and casserole. I named it a casserole because there is not enough liquid to justify a spoon. You can eat this with a fork.
- 1.2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 heaping cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon plus
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Italian-style cheese
- Heat stainless pan on high for one minute and turn down to medium high. Spray with oil and add ground turkey.
- Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Cook for 8-10 minutes or no longer pink.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with olive oil spray. Add 2 heaping cups hash browns, half of the cooked ground turkey, half of the can of stewed tomatoes, and ½ cup of shredded cauliflower. Repeat process. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning.
- Cook on high 3-5 hours. Serve with optional fresh baby spinach and Italian style cheese. Serve hot.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.