- the bottom half shaped like a tray, with four additional vertical pillars,
- the top half with the glass plate.
The motivation to build this display case from scratch came from several reasons:
- After envisaging buying two picture frames, it turned out that (1) I could not find frames that are thick enough, (2) frames made in China means kerosene, (3) I cannot get the exact size I want, and (4) it would cost 2 X 20$ for wooden frames of nice quality.
- I had remaining wood from a former project. So the cost is just the glass (approx 8$) and the investment for a router bit to make the grooves (20$)
- Building from scratch is more fun!