Very simple and cheap fume extractor for soldering. This extracts all the solder fumes within a12" in front if it.
This is quite simple, a 120mm PC fan is attached to a stand. And has some nails placed in it to hold the carbon filter, for easy replacement.
- 120mm fan, easily scavenged
- 4 nails
- carbon filter, a 3 pack is $5 at DigiKey
- 1/8" thick polystyrene or acrylic or Masonite
- Methylene Chloride (acrylic cement) for styrene
& acrylic or wood glue for masonite.
-Acetone will work for acrylic and styrene, takes longer though, look around online for info
- Drill and bits
- Something to cut a hole out.
- a Band Saw, Jig saw, rotary tool, hole cutter, key hole saw
UPDATE: Added a better air hood and painted it black. Added the images and notes.