After shoveling our driveway, I decided that a redundant starting mechanism on the decrepit snowblower was definitely my ticket out of further back pain. (Electric starter repair/replacement might be my next instructable.) I also had to fabricate a handle since I wasn't about to fork over any money for a plastic handle.
As it turns out, the only disassembly was to remove the rewind starter housing from the snowblower (4 bolts).
Step 1: Tools/Materials Required
1. Hot Glue Gun (optional, I just like to glue stuff)
2. Sharp Knife
3. Lighter (please be careful with fire, do not use this near the snowblower or any other source of gasoline)
4. Locking Pliers and Drill Bit (I have yet to aquire a free drill, so I improvised)
Materials needed for Repair:
1. Dowel for replacement handle.
2. Latex Cork
3. The new pull cord. (I found some snowmobile pull cord at my favorite hardware store)