Introduction: How to Make a Simple Electric Ac Generator , Using a Single Neodymium Sphere, Coil , Dc Motor and a Battery
How to make a simple generator (simple model generator) Ac 230 V - small generator science toolbar
a sciencetoolbar project : http://sciencetoolbar.com
We wish to show how can a small simple ac generator can be created, which can be used for educational purpose to help the teachers to explain how electricity can be created and how it works.
The rotating magnetic field induces an ac voltage in the stator windings (coil ). The rotor’s magnetic field is produced by the neodymium magnet sphere. The permanent magnet field is constant and the terminal voltage varies directly with the speed of the dc motor. This is an AC electric generator which can lights up two led bulbs 7 W 230 V.
Electric generators are devices which are using alternating magnetic fields to create a current through a wire circuit ( alternating current) AC. An electric generator converts mechanical energy into electrical energy by generating voltage (EMF) that forces electrons to flow in an electric circuit. This is called electromagnetic induction.
Step 1: Materials Used to Create a Simple Electric Generator
Step 1. Materials:
1. 3V Dc motor – inside toys which using two batteries 1.5 V AA – simple generator component 3 V dc motor
2. coil without core inside syncronous motor 230 V – A4 laminators, microwave turntable motor – simple generator component coil without core - inside syncronous motor 230 V
3. neodymium magnet sphere 12.7/13 mm – simple generator key component
4. neodymium screw pot metal case 12.7/13 mm – remove neodymium magnet from the metal case – simple generator component
5. plastic connector used to fix screw pot metal case – dc motor ax inside car toys – heat the crew pot metal case to fix the plastic connector – simple generator component plastic connector used to fix the screw por metal case to dc motor ax
6. plastic and metal components from mechanical construction kit – used to build the holder for dc motor and coil – simple generator holder construction kit
7. 3.7 V battery 600 mAh or a related battery 3,7 V rechargeble battery 600 mAh
8. 230 V - two led bulbs 7 W + E 27 two sockets 230 V
9. power switch + wires
Step 2: Operations
1. Remove the magnet from the neodymium screw pot metal case
2. Remove the coil from the syncronous motor
3. Attached the screw pot metal case to the dc motor ax through the pleastic connector
4. Create the simple generator holder
5. Conect the wires to the dc motor and battery through the power switch.
6. Conect the bulbs using wires to the coil output ( in Ac current it doesn't matter the conection order, only in dc is very important), but conect the bulbs in parallel.
Step 3: Assamble the Components
Assamble all the components ( you can use different coils, different dc motors, magnet spheres, srew pot metal case and batteries) using the diagram photo
Important! the position neodymium magnet sphere 12.7 mm – screw pot metal case (magnetic catch ) between magnetic poles (N and S) Do not use magnetic materials (screws , etc ) for the simple generator holder near the neodymium sphere – it will act like a magnetic brake for the sphere.
a sciencetoolbar project http://sciencetoolbar.com
2 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.