Introduction: Small Test Bench
One small and simple test bench, made with 1 piece of wood, 2 tweezers (+/-), 2 connectors (+/-) and some good will... :)
PS: This is my first instructable!
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- 2 planks of wood to cut with 20cm
- 1 piece of wood (not in the picture), to cut in 2 pieces of 20cm long
- 2 connectors (1 + red and 1 - black)
- 2 tweezers (1 + red and 1 - black)
- soldering iron
- ruler and pencil
- some skills
Step 2: Measured Pieces
In this step, we can see the pieces with the right sizes to assemble the base of the bench.
As you can see, the table and the vise are full of dust, as a result of the cutbacks made on the pieces of wood.
Step 3: Drilling Time
To assemble the bench, the pieces of wood have to be connected to eah
other with some screws. Thus, I've needed to drill some holes (3mm) in the pieces of wood.
Step 4: Assembling Time
After the pieces are ready, with the respective holes, it's time to
assemble the bench, using some screws and one small plate of aluminium, as we can see in the picture.
Step 5: Test Bench Made
And the result is the small test bench we can see in the picture.
Step 6: Testing
And to show the usefulness of the bench, I've made one simple test of a Resistor of 12KOhm.
Step 7: Update
Now I've made some improvements to my test bench, adding:
- Claw plugs
- LED signalling continuity
- 24 pin connector female, to test small devices, such as resistors
- Transfomer 220VAC to 3, 6, 7.5, 9, 12VDC, with some wire plugs and a voltmeter
Now it really looks like a Professional Test Bench! :)