Step 3: Fan Blade
- draw a simple blade on a plastic case
- cut the blade out, drill a small hole in the center of the blade
- cut 4 notches around center of blade
- twist blade to resemble a propeller
- force the blade onto the motor shaft (this is critical, because you want the blade to spin with the motor)
Use of a plastic blade is safer then using a metal or wooden one, this way you don't need a shroud over the blade. 12v motor is ideal for several reasons: 1. You can use the fan in your vehicle or at home, 2. 12v gives enough power to have a small fan that is actually powerful enough to cool you off, 3. 12v motor is also small enough to make the whole fan less than 5"l x2"w x 7"h making it a mini fan. I have seen fan of this size that put out a fraction of wind and cost more.