I rented a room in very remote place to save my money, in the summer, the biggest trouble I come across, is the mosquito.These annoying mosquitoes always woke me up in the middle of the night and bite me scarred. So, I bought an electric mosquito coil to drive them away. But I found that my electric mosquito coil runs fast very soon because I always forget to turn it off when I wake up in the morning.
This is not only a problem of money, but also harmful to my health. I don’t know if this “Mosquito killer” will kill me too if i stay in the room with this killer on all the time.
And as I know, usually the mosquito do not trouble me in the daytime, and, if the temperature is not so high, the mosquito sleeps in home and do not trouble me, too.
So, I need something to
1. Turn off my electric mosquito coil in the morning and turn it on in the night automatically,
2. When the temperature is low, turn off the electric mosquito coil, to save money and my health.
As a software engineer and Arduino lover, I decide to make such a device.
First, I need:
1. A RTC module, to give out the current time message.RTC is a “real time-clock”, and gives the real time to the system: ”hey, man, it’s time to wake up! ”
2. A Relay shield, to control the on/off of my electric mosquito coil,“Relay” is a kind of module to help you control the on/off of large current/high voltage device, with low voltage.
3. An Arduino board, i use the crowduino from elecrow, it works well, and, inexpensive.
4. A Waterproof temperature sensor, to detect the environment temperature.I use this sensor to get the temperature, when the temperature is low, the killer should not be on.
5. A Screw shield and some tools like the pliers, to make your connection more convenience.With the screw shield, it would be easy for you to connect the wires, you do not a soldering iron any more.
All parts are buy form Elecrow, an open hardware store, all parts are work nice and the price is cheap enough.