Step 1: Let's Make the Circuit
Connections are finished, let's get to the software part.
Step 2: Software
Upload the source code to the photon via particle build. Click here to see the code.
We will use iftt as a trigger to call a particular function. This function will be sent to the photon that will light up the LEDs.
- Go to iftt, sign up and select create recipe.
- You will have to choose the chanel to check. In this case we will light up the lamp when a new email arrives.
- Select new email in inbox. Click on create trigger.
- Choose the action. Select call a function.
- Select light timer from the dropdown menu. In function input write gmail.
- In the final step you will see a summary of the new recipe.
Step 3: 3d Print the Case
Here you find the stl file for the case. It is a 9x9x9cm cube.
Step 4: Enjoy Your Smart Lamp!
You're done! It's so simple!