This is my first Instructable, so I'd really appreciate as much help and feedback as possible.
Firstly, and most importantly, we need to clear the air on a few things:
1) This is more a report on how I made my hook stick as opposed to how to make the best one
- This means that some parts are optional and won't have much influence on the finished project if you decide to leave them out - use your own discretion. It's not the cheapest, nor does it follow the general trend in snake collecting gear. More on this later.
2) The gear doesn't make you an expert
- Get to know the hook stick and get to know how it should be used. Practice on rubber snakes, thick ropes or harmless species before trying your hand at venomous snakes.
3) Obviously certain snake species are dangerous
, remember that at all times, and treat every snake with the respect they deserve. Don't catch snakes if you don't need to. Unless it's for extraction or for research, leave them alone.
When used in the correct manner, hook sticks can help you to safely collect and move snakes of varying sizes safely, with minimal hazard to yourself and to the snake.
This snake stick works particularly well when used along with the Snake Tube, which you can find by clicking here
for the Instructable.
Also, by clicking here
you'll find a How-to on catching snakes.