Introduction: Snorkel Eggs
Second Prize in the
Egg Contest 2016
With warmer weather right around the corner, these eggs decided to start a bit early. They hung up their skiis and grabbed the snorkels.
This is a super easy, super fun egg project to do with the family!
Please give it a try and let me know how it goes :)
Step 1: Materials
- bottle caps (preferably clear)
- super glue or hot glue
- white paper
- black marker
- hard-boiled eggs
- bendy straws
- egg coloring tablets (I took from a packet that was unused last time)
- warm water
- colorful tape / rubberbands
- black foam
Step 2: Swim Trunks
- Placed the egg coloring tablets in a bowl with hot water and vinegar.
- Make sure that the water level is not too high, because the swim trunks should only cover about 1/4 - 1/3 the egg.
- Dunk the wider end of the egg into the desired color and hold there for a 10 count (for deeper colors, hold longer, and vice versa for paler colors).
- Take the egg out and, to avoid dripping or running colors, gently dab the wet spots with a paper towel.
Step 3: Goggle and Snorkel
- Cut the white paper to size so it will fit on the bottle cap
- Make 2 small dots with the marker for the eyes.
- To make the goggle strap you wrap the tape around where you want the goggle to go.
- Using some glue, attach the bottle cap goggle to the egg and hold until the glue sets.
- For the snorkel, cut the bendy straw to be roughly 1/2" before the bend and 2" after the bend.
- Glue the snorkel in place.
Step 4: Flippers
- Cut the flippers out of the foam using scissors.
- Glue the flippers to the bottom of the egg (colored side).
Now you have an egg-cellent snorkeler!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.