Lets make some snow anchors! As I found out in our last backpacking trip standard tent stakes don't work all that well in the snow and I really don't know why I thought they would :-) So I figured I'd make some large surface area snow anchors for my next trip. Here's a shot of the final product that we'll be making. For the UL backpacker these come out to 20g/each.
I'll be making these at the TechShop (link below) which has a ton of machinery and resources. One thing to note, I won't be going over the operation of each tool since you should've previously taken the safety/use classes. Obviously, this project is pretty simple in which you could do it with had shears and a drill OR a plasma cutter.... Anyways, here's my process.http://www.techshop.com/