Step 1: Tools and Supplies
- Snow saw- here's a link - https://www.instructables.com/id/Snow-Saw/
- Crap load of snow
- Optional: spray paint or food coloring in spray bottles
Step 2: Envision Envision, Shovel Shovel, Saw Saw, Carve Carve
- Start off with a plan of how big you want your sculpture to be. Take advantage of existing mounds of snow like I did.
- If you don't have mounds, do like they do for igloo building, shovel snow into a big pile, rather forcefully, and the wait a couple hours. The resulting shoveling action will have driven out excess air and compacted the snow.
- Compact snow is best, mine was layered with ice, powder snow and compact snow. Basically the worst thing to carve, but the snow saw went through it like butter!
- Trace out in the snow the rough pattern.
- Shovel away the excess
- Then bring out the saw and start carving
Step 3: Paint and Sell Before It Melts!
- Give it a quick catchy paint job
- Wait till dark
- Plant in a quick sale sign
- Wait for the desperate teenagers to arrive - aka the mark
- Make it a quick sale, they'll be happy, well, until they try to drive it away. Car sales are buyer beware for a reason! Awesome