If this is not the perfect time for some DIY snow globes
! These little windows of snowy winter worlds are easy to make and are a wonderful gift or decoration for your home.You will need:
*A jar of your choice (with a lid)
*Figurines or jewelery
*Anti-rust sealant for metal pieces
*Dash of glycerin
*Large silver or white glitter (smaller versions will float at the top)
1. Use clear-drying epoxy to adhere your piece to the inside of the lid (or use the glue gun).
2. After the epoxy dries completely, fill your jar with distilled or boiled water (at room temperature, of course).
3. Add just a dash of glycerin so the “snow” falls slowly.
4. Add as much glitter as you like. If you don’t like the look of glitter, you can usually find faux snow at craft stores.
5. Screw your lid on tightly and enjoy your snow globe!
I used a bird and a small disco ball. I wanted the disco ball to hang above the bird, but I didn’t calculate gravity in, so when I turned the glass upside down, the disco ball went the wrong way, up! D’oh!So change of plan:
I removed the bird and this is how it looks now:
I still wasn’t too happy, so I decided to use the disco ball as a balloon wrapped around Santa’s hand:Important
: Make sure, you use an Epoxy! Otherwise your figurines will detach from the jar.
A snowy day!Funkytime