Step 1: Supplies
- Pom bottle
- Razor blade
- Black tube paint
- Ribbon scrap approx 7 inches
- Fabric scrap
- Bowl for a circle pattern ( I used a cereal bowl)
- Pen or marker for writing the note or print on a PC
- 1 bottle of Sand or beach sand
- Button if desired for Cape
Step 2: Preparations
- Wash bottle
- Using a razor blade remove some of the lettering from the front bottom of the bottle optional
- Remove small ring under cap.
Step 3: Fill the Bottle
- Fill the bottle with sand up to the top of the rim using a funnel.
- Screw the lid on.
Step 4: Cape
- Turn the bowl upside down over the wrong side of the cape fabric.
- Mark a circle around the bowl.
- Cut the cape out.
- I used pinking scissors for a nice trim.
- Fold the round circle in half and half again as shown.
- Then cut a small hole at the point. This will be the neck hole.
Step 5: Card Message
- The card message will be under the cape of the snowman.
- Using the bowl, place it over the paper.
- Draw a circle around the bowl
- Cut the paper out slightly smaller than the marked circle. This will insure the white paper does not show on the snowman.
- Fold the paper like you did in the previous step.
- Cut a hole for the neck.
- It will need to be larger than the fabric hole because paper does not stretch.
- Write a message on the paper or print it out on the PC.
- Glue the card message to the cape so when the cape is flipped up the writing can be seen.
- Cut a v shape in the cape as shown in the pictures.
- This is done so the heart and words wonderful shows on the snowman.
- Place the cape over the neck of the bottle as shown.
Step 6: Eyes
- Using the tip of the black paint paint the eyes, nose and mouth as shown.
- Tie a ribbon around his neck.
- I added a button to the cape and did not like it.
- So I took it off
Step 7: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
Thank you for stopping by and have a safe and happy holiday!