- 1 pair of regular length socks (you can used colored socks, or use a sock which you can then color with fabric markers)
- Needle and thread
- Buttons, beads, doll eyes or embroidery string (to make face)
- Pipe cleaners (optional)
Step 1: Cut, Sew & Stuff Sock 1
- Start by turning your sock inside out
- Take sock 1 and flatten it out, so that the heel is on the top
- Cut off the top of the sock and then cut a straight line down the middle, to the start of the heel. This will become the dog's back legs. I cut down the legs of mine since I was making a corgi.
- If the dog's body is too long you can cut the toe off of the sock as I did in the photo.
- Round the feet with your scissors and then sew up the sides of the legs, leaving a gap so that you can can flip the sock right side out.
- I also inserted a piece of pipe cleaner into each leg before sewing it up to help create a foot.
- Flip the sock and then stuff.