Introduction: Sock Dog Tutorial (Corgi)
I based this sock dog off of these instructions, and created a photo tutorial to accompany them. I modified the directions to make this a Corgi as a Christmas gift.
- 1 pair of regular length socks (you can used colored socks, or use a sock which you can then color with fabric markers)
- Needle and thread
- Buttons, beads, doll eyes or embroidery string (to make face)
- Pipe cleaners (optional)
Step 1: Cut, Sew & Stuff Sock 1
- Start by turning your sock inside out
- Take sock 1 and flatten it out, so that the heel is on the top
- Cut off the top of the sock and then cut a straight line down the middle, to the start of the heel. This will become the dog's back legs. I cut down the legs of mine since I was making a corgi.
- If the dog's body is too long you can cut the toe off of the sock as I did in the photo.
- Round the feet with your scissors and then sew up the sides of the legs, leaving a gap so that you can can flip the sock right side out.
- I also inserted a piece of pipe cleaner into each leg before sewing it up to help create a foot.
- Flip the sock and then stuff.
Step 2: Cut, Sew & Stuff Sock 2
- Cut sock 2 into 4 parts (see the labeled photo below)
- Head: The heel becomes the back of the dog's head and then you round the other side into the shape of a muzzle. Sew the edges, leaving a gap at the neck so you can flip it right side out. Stuff the head and sew onto the body.
- Front Legs: Cut the front legs to the desired size, sew the edges. Then stuff, add pipe cleaner if desired and then sew to the body.
- Ears: I cut 2 triangles out of the ear section. I placed a piece of pipe cleaner in the ear for structure and then sewed it into the triangular pocket. Then attach to the head.
- Tail: Cut out a tail and sew in a pipe cleaner for support and attach to the dog's butt.
Step 3: Create Face and Finish
- Color: I chose to use a white sock and then colored it with fabric sharpies after it was sewn
- Create Face: I used embroidery thread to sew on a mouth and then sewed on round black beads for eyes and nose.
Math Logic And Nerd Studios made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.