We got a small above ground pool for the kid's and so naturally Dad decided to find a way to heat it. Solar was the first step and a wood burning heater, the second step. Following is how I built the Solar Pool Heater.
The Solar Heater works by letting the water in the black pipe heat in the sun for one hour and then pumping that water into the pool (I found this takes about ten minutes). I installed it on my garden shed roof that is East West facing with a very shallow peek so both sides get sun almost all day.
Some of the Parts I used.
1. 300 ft of black 1/2" drip irrigation pipe. (three one-hundred foot rolls)
2. 12 volt dc utility pump (the connections fit garden hose quick connectors).
3. 12 volt Battery to run the pump (i had an old gel battery for a power wheelchair).
4. 12 volt timer with 17 programmable times ( off for one hour and on for ten minutes ).
5. 12 volt battery charger ( The plan is to replace this with a solar charger ).
6. Some 1/2" copper pipe; garden quick connection fittings; 1/2" PVC pipe and fittings; pipe clamps; wire and a roll of masons line.