Introduction: Solar USB Charger
In this 'ible I will be instructing you on how to build your own simple solar USB charger!
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
1. A 5v (or a little less) solar panel
Note: If your panel is under 1 amp or 4.5 volts, just use a boost driver or transistor. If your panel is too powerful use a regulator or resistor.
2. A female USB
Step 2: Prepare Your Wiring
1. Strip an tin the tips of the wire on the solar panel.
2. Repeat step one for the USB port (same steps).
Step 3: Begin Soldering
1. Solder the positive wire from the solar panel to the positive on the USB port.
2. Repeat step 1 for the negative wire.
Step 4: Schematic
Step 5: Optional
You could make/buy a case for this project, or use a switch.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.