The other day I was clearing out my workbench, and I found an old hair dryer saved from another project. It struck me that with this, I could make something that was much easier to position close to the source of the solder fumes.
It turned out to be very simple. I think the video explains it well. Here are the parts, materials and tools I used.
- One old hair dryer with most of the guts ripped out
- One 7.2V 3800mAh NiMH rechargeable battery pack (from Tenergy)
- One CTMF 7.2V Connector Set for Tamiya (from Muchmore Racing)
- A piece of Cut-to-fit carbon filter
- Some 18 gauge black/red wire pair
- Electrical tape
- soldering iron and solder
- screw driver