Step 1: Supplies!
1. The ability to solder (I'm sure you already know that by know)
2. A soldering Iron (the smaller the tip, the easier it is to solder small traces!)
4. A PCB or something with a trace
5. Something to scrape the trace with (an exacto knife or screwdriver or something else thin)
6. Something to solder to the trace
(Optional) 7. Helping hands to hold circuit boards
(Optional) 8. Flux
Step 2: Pick and Scrape!
Step 3: Prepare!
Step 4: Solder!
Hint: If your soldering to a very thin trace, you might want to add a dab of hot glue to keep the component in place
(I used a particularly large trace for the example.)