This is a Soldering iron stand made out of 18 AWG wire.
Items you will need
- Soldering iron
- Saftey glasses
- 18 AWG wire or larger.... it needs to be uninsulated wire!
- Ruler or alternate measuring devise
- A couple of heavy duty pliers
- optional ... a handy vise with alligator clips
- Wire cutters
Step 1: How to straighten the wire!
- Cut off a couple feet of wire
- Grip one end of the wire with pliers, then wrap the wire around the pliers a couple times
- Then do the same thing with the other end of the wire and other set of pliers
- Put one end on the ground and stand on it
- Grab the other end with both hands and pull hard
- You will actually feel the wire stretch a little bit
- At this point you now have made the wire straight
Step 2: Assembling the stand!
First off for the base I used
- 2 4" inch pieces
- 2 2" inch pieces
- Just make a rectangle and solder all four corners!
Step 3: Assembly!
- This is where the vise makes it easier to hold the piece of wire for you!
Step 4: Assembly
- and cut a 2.5" piece... on this piece I put a bend in it to cradle the iron, I bent it around the Iron.