With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share step-by-step photos with text instructions
share one or more photos in one step quickly and easily
share your how-to video
Hello, I have a couple soldering irons, but no stand; I occasionally solder various stuff and i seem to always be using a make-shift, unsafe items to ...
First off the wire needs to be straight. Do the following in order to achieve this! - Cut off a couple feet of wire - Grip one end of the wire with p...
Now that we have straight wire, we can start cutting pieces. You can can make it whatever size you want to but I will give you the measurements of min...
- Now cut two 3" inch pieces and solder them on as the picture shows - This is where the vise makes it easier to hold the piece of wire for you!
- Now cut another 2" inch piece - and cut a 2.5" piece... on this piece I put a bend in it to cradle the iron, I bent it around the Iron.
- cut two 1 3/4" inch pieces and solder them on as shown in the photo
- now cut two 1.5" inch pieces - cut one 2" inch piece - solder them on as shown in the picture
- cut two 4 1/8" inch pieces - solder them on as shown in the picture
DISCLAIMER: I built this stand for my soldering iron. No hot part of my iron touches the metal stand, so there's no possibility that the solder joint...
Tag files as:
Posted:Nov 30, 2011
How to fix your soldering iron
How To: Soldering
How to Solder
The Third Hand Stand
Simple Portable Helping Hands For Soldering
Don't throw solder away
Soldering 102: Soldering a jumper
How to Pick the Best Soldering Iron
Download our new apps for iOS and android!
PDF DownloadsAs a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format.
You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.