Turn volume down before starting video - ugly noise :)
Things you will need:
- A (broken) computer power supply that has a big (working) fan.
- 12V DC power adapter (I use my "lab bench power supply", made of another PSU - old but working one)
- A filter - if you have charcoal filter, great; I will show how I improvised a filter from cotton cloth, but I don't have any idea if this does extract anything or not.
- Some kind of soft net - like the bags in which mandarins or other fruits are sold
- Thin cardboard - cereral box for example
- Tools: screwdriver, scissors, soldering iron
Step 1: Dissassemble the PSU
The PSU I used had a fan that drew air into the PSU casing so exactly right. It also had enouch holes (in my opinion) on one side.
- Keep the PSUs switch and cut its wires as far from it as possible. Also keep the fan wire intact.
- Desolder the other side of fan wire connector off from the PCB.