Step 1: Basic Tricks
1. Pressing the home and buttons you can take a screen shot of where you are on the itouch if you are on apps or anything. Like shown below
2. Press the home button twice *if you are in the middle of playing music and you will get a list of pause, play ffwd rwd and choose songs.
3. Hold the lock button for 10seconds and the screen will show a slider and turn off when you slide it.
Step 2: Pretty Cool Tricks
1. Hold the home and lock button for 9-10 seconds and it will reboot, not erasing any apps.
2. Turn itouch into an iphone. This could be a tricky trick but, turn on ipod and get textfree, textnow, or textplus, etc and create an account. Step 2, go to the appstore and get VoIP and then finally get a headset that can plug into a headphone jack on the ipod. You can get those at radio shack for $10. VoIP can call for free to us and Canada.