Now you can build your very own K'nex Space Colony ARK!!
SC ARK Includes:
Firing Eclipse Cannon!
Round (ish, see NOTES for more detail) Shell!
Eyes And Extentions!
Other Models Availible Include:
SC ARK Mini
SC ARK Chaos Emerald Control Panel
Http:\\ not availible yet
Here are the Requirements:
8 Bendable Orange rods
1 Bendable Purple rod
7 Yellow Rods
24 White Rods
36 Green Rods
2 Red Rods
5 Blue Rods
22 Yellow Connectors
1 Red Connector
4 Light Grey Connectors
16 Grey Connectors
7 White Connectors (9 if you dont want to use wheels for the eyes)
14 Purple 3D connectors
2 Blue 3D Connectors
4 Green Connectors
11 Orange Connectors
2 Tan Clips
1 blue clip
Mistical Knex Peices:
2 Normal Sized Wheels
13 blue Spacers
1 Rubber Band
NOTE: ARK's surface is not round but offers you a roundish surface.
Step 1: Base of ARK
I am really sorry about the pics being dark. it must be my camara, they look fine on it.
1. Make these peices
2. Attach Pruple 3D clips to the other ones
3. Make these
4. Make this part (looks familier, doesn't it?)
5 & 6. Attach what you have made together (see pic for more details)
7. Make these
8. Add White rods to the Blue 3D connectors
9. And add the the parts you made in Pic 7
When you are ready, we will make the floor of ARK
Step 2: Making the Floor of ARK
1. Make these bits (they arent firing pins)
2. Make these bits, again (should be easy for an advance builder)
3. Make these bits, again, again
4. Add them together as shown
"hmm!, too easy for me!" says shadow
Step 3: Floor and Base of ARK Coming Together
1. Umm... Put these together
2. Add eyes like so (no saying i didnt tell you how to make these, this is a challenge for, should be easy)
Step 4: Cannon Building
Make the cannon without any notes!!!
1. Build this
2. Different Veiw
"hmmm. That wasnt so difficult" -eggman
Step 5: Cannon Holder
1. Build these
2. Build these, again
3. Add them together like shown
4. Different angle
5. Add the cannon as shown
6. Make these
7. Then put them on as shown
8. Is another veiw
9. Add blue Spacers where shown
"i should of tried a little harder"- eggman
Step 6: Building the Core
this shouldn't be too hard.
1. Build like shown, but don't add the peice that isnt added
2. Now add the peice that wasnt before, but make sure you put a rubber band in its clip before you do
3. Build the firing pin
4. Put it through the hole
5. Just another veiw
6. Now wrap the rubber band around the white connector, but leave enough length so you can cock it, DONT PUT IT NEAR THE HOLE.
"I did it Sonic."- tails
Step 7: Build the Shell
1. Build these bits, put on one blue spacer after the grey clip
2. Add them onto the Core like shown
3. Make these, if you dont have 8 bendy oranges, you can use the blue one and a orange connector like shown.
4. Very tricky bit, now, put one beny bit onto the white rod like shown, do this with the other 3 (leave 4 out)
5. Add the Core onto the Cannon like shown.
6. Add the rest of the bendy bits like shown.
"Thatt was a little tough"- tails
Step 8: Trigger Step
this is really an addon to the trigger
1. Get a yellow rod
2. Add on like shown
Step 9: Cannon Core + ARK Base
1. Connect the Cannon Holders yellow connectors onto the red rods
2. Then connect the green rods to the orange connectors
3 & 4. Add two grey connectors like shown
5. Connect the bendy rods to the 3D Connectors
"Too Eaisy, Peice of cake"-sonic
Step 10: Shell Top
1. Make this.
2. I dont care how you put it on, just finish it like so!
Step 11: Finished!
to load the cannon, pull firing pin back, push trigger in wards, and insert either 2 greens, 1 white or 1 blue, greens work best.
SC ARK Mini Is now availible on this address:
Also comming, Chaos Emerald Control Panel to this address:
http:\ not ready yet
Please comment on how my instructable is and how to make it a bit eaiser. thanks