Step 1: Materials and Set Up
2. The other pictures show the containers I used. The metal container are candle molds. The smaller metal containers are floating clandle molds.
3. The glass pieces are vintage items I picked up at good-will or odd pieces I had.
4. I saw on pintrest that a person used cupcake foil to molde cute cupcake candles.( I used my metal cupcake pans to hold the shape.)
5. The blue ice Cube trays are used to make melt-aways (for warmers)
6. The last picture is old pencils I use to keep wick in place, scissors and laundry pins.
Step 2: Adding Wicks
I also use pencils and laundry pins to hold the wicks in place.
Step 3: Add Crayons for Color
The last picture shows the crayons added to the soy flakes prior to melting. I only used a few crayons of each color.
Step 4: Melting the Soy Flakes
Step 5: Pouring the Soy Into Molds
I bought the oil, soy, wicks and metal molds off of ebay. I don't have a certain company I use for the oil scents. I just ebay searched "candle oils."
Step 6: Cooling Candles
Once the candles felt cool, I peeled away the cupcake foil. We used two colors for a layered look for the cupcakes.