Step 4: Meatballs Part 2:
Proper mixing is absolutely critical (obviously, I cannot emphasize this strongly enough.;-) and here's how to do it:
- Crumble the ground beef and ground chuck into a large bowl.
- Put 1 tsp Italian season and 1 tsp Salt into your palm and rub it briskly with your free palm to release the essential oils and aroma. Sprinkle it evenly over the beef.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the meat mixture.
- Add the whisked egg/garlic.
- Scoop up the bread crumbs and squeeze gently to remove any excess milk. Add to the meat mixture.
Cover the mixture with plastic wrap. Chill at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.