In order to built your Mousetrap car, you will need:1.
(2) Balsa wood side rails (8" x 1/2" x 1/4") - mine came pre-drilled; but you'll have to drill holes (slightly larger than 3/16") in yours for the axle2.
(2) Brass axles (6" x 3/16" tube)3.
(1) Brass lever arm (6" x 1/8" Tube)4.
(4) CD's to use as wheels - I used those clear things that you get when you buy a pack of black disks; these work fine, too5.
(8) Rubber CD spacers6.
(4) Metal thrust washers7.
(1) Victor Mousetrap8.
(1) Zip tie to use as axle hook9.
36" Kevlar String - if you can't find Kevlar, any type of thin string, even fishing wire, works well enoughNote: In class we were provided with these kits; you can order them rather than trying to gather all the parts individually.You'll also want these tools:1.
A hot glue gun and hot glue or