So this apron has a few different features:
1. It uses an old t-shirt and a shoe lace
2. It is very quick and easy and requires no pattern (this took me a few hours to knock up).
3. The results are functional* and fun rather than neat and tidy!
* Although, highly ironically I was not allowed to wear this particular apron for said festival due to a mis-understanding of environmental health rules -one must have a 'bibbed' apron, apparently. I'll be working on an extension soon...
Step 1: Select your materials
- T-shirt : hold it up against you to make a rough guesstimate for sizing. I chose a large mens-sized, air-tex cotton one to give me plenty of material of an appropriate weight and washability.
- Scraps of material for a pocket and/or decoration
- Shoe lace - for the ties, you could substitute with ribbon, cord, anything really
- Scissors (dress makers/ fabric scissors will save A LOT of frustration and time)
- Pins and pin cushion
- Sewing machine (or lots of time and patience for hand sewing)
- Tape measure
- An iron (not strictly necessary but helps with neat edges)
- Some taylors chalk might also come in handy as an optional extra