To be honesty, i do not know how to call this widget.I just curious spiral object which looks like a life circle for me.
This idea comes from a real experience of visiting a museum which get a spiral stair and a snail shell i found in my collections.I like the spinning down movement which is mysterious and magical. all in all, it is a funny object.
Now i will show you how to make one-like.
Step 1: Material Preparations
you would prepare these materials for this project as above images shows.
Step 2: Download Drawing and Start Printing
- Download drawings and decompress.
- Load those files named crank_handle.stl, sprocket_gear.stl，
andgear_lift.stl into UP! 3D printing software in turn and prepare to print.
- Set configures in UP! by click 3D print > setup and refer to specific settings to above last image in this step.
- It will around 2 hours to printing them all, so be patient.
Step 3: Start Cutting
- Place chipboard under laser working area and adjust the distance between laser head and chipboard.
- open a DWG format file named Basswood chipboard cutting drawing.dwg and start cutting.
Note that you should set the distance between laser head and chipboard as 25 mm.
Step 4: Assemble All Parts
Assemble all part as above image shows and you have get all done.