1. Two quart bottle of apple juice from concentrate
2. Smallest package of Light brown sugar
3. Cinnamon sticks
4. Whole cloves
5. Ground allspice
6. One orange
7. One small fresh ginger root
8. Ground cinnamon
9. Whip cream
10. Spiced Rum
In addition to my ingredients I had these extras on hand:
1. Mesh strainer with handle
2. Two quart sauce pan with lid
3. Plastic storage pitcher with lid
4. Teaspoon and tablespoon measurements
Step 1: Recipe
• 8 cups or 2 Quarts of Apple Juice from concentrate
• 1 orange, cut into thin slices
• 4 cinnamon sticks
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 tablespoon whole cloves
• 1/3 piece of fresh ginger root cut into thin slices
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• Spiced Rum
Step 2: Directions
Add the Orange, ginger, cinnamon sticks, ground cinnamon, allspice, cloves and brown sugar to the apple juice.
Step 3: Simmering and Straining
Once the Cider has simmered for about twenty minutes, take the pan and carefully strain the cider through a strainer that is placed over a plastic pitcher.
Discard the strained ingredients and store the Cider in your refrigerator.
Step 4: Topping It All Off
Another great idea that can be done is also topping the whipped cream with caramel and a cinnamon stick on the side or an apple slice on the rim of the cup.