This unusual dessert makes a great addition to any holiday dinner. But once you try it, you'll be looking for any excuse to make it again!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 8-12 oz (225-350g) gingersnap cookies (depending on how much crust you like!)
- 1/4 cup (57g) butter, melted (or slightly more if you're going full-hog on the crust)
- 24 oz.. (680g) cream cheese, softened
- 15 oz. (425g) pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup (75g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to taste (I use 1/2 teaspoon each!)
- Optional: fresh ground pepper - I know it sounds weird, but it adds depth to the spice profile!