Introduction: Spiced Pumpkin Pillow Cookies (With Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting)
Fall brings to mind chilly evenings, warm knits and delicious baking smells! My most favorite fall cookie is the spiced pumpkin pillows! They are delicious, fluffy cake-like cookies and the drizzle adds just a hint of spiced creamy sweetness.
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 tsp salt (if using salted butter,leave this out)
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
* 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin, canned or fresh
* 1 large egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
1. PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease your baking sheets, unless you are using an air-bake sheet.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt (unless using salted butter) into a bowl (not your mixing bowl).
3. Cream sugar and butter (in your mixer bowl) until blended.
4. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beat until blended.
5. Drop Tablespoonfuls onto your baking sheets, approximately 1 inch apart. Doesn't have to be perfectly spaced but the cookies do spread a little.
6. BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are firming up and the center is no longer jiggly. Cool the cookies on your baking sheet for a minute or two; then place onto to wire cooling racks.
7. Pipe 'drizzles' of frosting over the cookies.
TIP - You can use a piping bag and tip, or just put your frosting in a plastic sandwich baggie and snip off one little corner, for a fast (and disposable) version of a piping bag!
Makes approx. 30 good sized cookies.
I eat these for breakfast with coffee, after lunch for a treat or as a midnight snack, with tea!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.