Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 lemon (though lime is good too!)
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon diced red or yellow pepper
- 1 Tablespoon diced celery (save rest of stalk for garnish)
- 1 1/2 ounces of gin (vodka can also be substituted)
- Celery soda*
- A healthy dash of Tabasco sauce
- Celery salt to rim the glass
* Part of the reason I wanted to make this drink is because I noticed Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda at my local market, Le Beau. If you can't find something similar, substitute ginger ale or tonic water plus a pinch of celery seed
Step 2: Mixology
Add the gin (or vodka) and ice, and shake well.
Rub the rim of the glass with the juiced lemon and dip in a dish of celery salt.
Strain cocktail into prepared glass and top with celery soda.
Garnish with celery stalk and enjoy responsibly!