For 2 people as a main course or 4/6 people when served with cocktails.
• 4 tablespoons of sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
• 3 tablespoons roasted chicken, cut into small prices
• 3-4 zucchini flowers, cut into strips
• 1 small handful of basil, roughly chopped
• 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• Cajun spices
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
The execution is simple, just put the corn, chicken, basil and zucchini flowers in a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix well.
In another bowl put the flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and Cajun spices according to taste, I've put a generous teaspoon. Add some cold water, stirring with a whisk until the batter is thick and smooth.
Put the chicken and vegetables mixture in the batter and mix well with a spoon.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and when hot drop spoonfuls of mixture in. Cook for a few minutes and then turn the fritters to cook the other side. Cook until golden on both sides and drain on paper towels, although the fritters will be quite dry and not oily at all. Serve warm.