Step 1: Ingredients & Preparation
- 1/3 cup of cream cheese (softened in the microwave for 30 seconds at half power)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup taco sauce (I always use Ortega medium taco sauce - my favorite)
- 2/3 cup grated pepper-jack cheese
- 2 cups of cooked chicken - shredded or cut into small pieces
- small tortillas
- cooking spray & salt
- *Optional: 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro &/or 3 tablespoons of green onions
I just wanted to thank "The Girl Who Ate Everything" (Love the website name) as I found the creamy taquito recipe on her site and have since modified it and am sharing the modified version here. If you don't have all the ingredients on hand, feel free to modify this and it'll still turn out absolutely delicious!
Step 2: Mixing & Dry Ingredients
Now you'll need a medium-sized bowl (a bigger one than pictured would be ideal) and put 1/3 cup of cream cheese in it. Then soften it in the microwave about 30 seconds at half power. Then add in the lime juice, taco sauce and dry ingredients - mix well.
Now add your pepper-jack cheese and mix well.
Step 3: Chicken & Wrapping It Up
After you've prepared all of them, then you'll want to spray them all with cooking spray and douse them with kosher (or regular) salt. You'll then want to put them in the oven for about 10-20 minutes (15 average) when you see that they have a nice brown crisp to the outside shell.