Introduction: Spicy Egg Burji - Who's Hungry
You should always stack your fridge with at least a dozen of eggs.
Why? Handiest food to have around! Are kids hungry? Make some egg sandwiches. Guests come in, make an egg curry or egg biryani. Are you hungry? Poach an egg and have it topped with stir fried veggies – perfect protein source for the body! Check the freshness – keep a raw egg in a bowl of water. Fresh eggs will stay at the bottom while stale eggs stand on end or float.
One of the easiest recipes is Spicy Egg bhurji. Bhurji (spicy scrambled eggs) is made at home, but it's also a very popular street food.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Onions Finely Chopped
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 3 Green Chilies Or as required
- 1 cup Ginger-Garlic paste
- ½ Cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Butter (Optional)
Step 2: Preparation
- Take a pan add oil to it.
- Now add onions and stir well.
- Saute them on low fire for about 2-3 Mins.
- Wait till the onions turn golden brown.
Step 3: Don't Forget the Tomatoes!
- This step is optional if you don't like to use tomatoes, just leave it or use capsicum.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and fry.
- Now add green chilies. Again saute all of them for a minute more.
- Add a pinch of salt and chili powder.
- Finally, add few coriander leaves to make it smell flavored.
Step 4: Break the Egg
- Break the egg and pour it into the pan. You can add eggs without beating as well.
- Again saute all of them for 2 mins more.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and salt as per taste.
Step 5: Stir * Whisk
- Scramble the eggs to suit your liking. Scrambled eggs are not a very healthy way to consume eggs. The lesser we scramble the better for health.
- Add garam masala, chili powder and stir.
- Keep stirring this mixture until small crumbs are formed.
- Soon the texture and color will change.
- Cook them for more 6 to 7 mins and keep stirring and whisking them.
Step 6: Serve With LOVE
Your Egg Bhurji is ready!! Garnish with coriander leaves and Onions.
Best served during dinner.
That's all Foodies!! Thank You.