Introduction: Spicy Indian Fish Fry Recipe
This Indian fish fry recipe is one of the most tasty and quick Sunday dish that keeps you light and quenches your non veg delight thirst . try it and enjoy your day :D
Step 1: This Is All You Need!
King Fish(Vanjaram) - 4-5 pieces
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Red Chili/ Fish fry masala - 4 tsp
Corriander powder - 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind pulp (thick) - 1 tsp (recommended, but you can alternate with juice from 1 lime/lemon)
Salt- to taste
Oil - to pan fry - approx 3-4 tbsp
Step 2: Method
Clean the fish with cold water along with lime and salt, pat dry and place on a plate.
1.Take 10-12 cloves of garlic and grind it to a smooth paste. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water while grinding. Apply the paste on both sides of the fish for making Fish Fry. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. make a dry rub powder for Fish Fry with 2 heaped tablespoon of red chilli/fish fry masala powder, 1 teaspoon fine pepper powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 heaped tablespoon corn flour((optional).
3.Take the garlic marinated fish and dust it in the dry rub powder to evenly coat. Let the dusted fish rest for 20 minutes at the freezer for making Fish Fry.
4.Heat flat pan(tawa) for with oil until very hot. The marinade for Fish Fry will not leave the fish if fried in hot pan. That’s the trick. Shallow fry the fish for 2 minutes on each side on the flat pan(tawa). if you want to deep fry you can fry the fish in hot oil in a curved pan.
that's it! you are done with it in not more than 40 mins.
Step 3: Cooks Wisdom
- Patting dry the fish is very important if it is soggy the spices will not sit on the fish.
- Make sure you don't add water to form the spice paste, if required use few drops of lime/lemon juice or with tamarind pulp
- Once you decide to fry fish make sure you bring it to room temperature before frying it, else the fish will remain raw and under cooked.
- Do not keep flipping sides of the fish while its cooking, this will only result in under cooked fish and also tend to break.
The heat should be in medium-low and not high else the fish will get burnt quickly.
- Marinating the fish overnight will give you the ultimate taste.try it if you have enough time :)
ENJOY YOU FISH MEAL! :D :D