Introduction: Spicy Mango Pickle...YUM..
I just love eating pickle so thought of sharing the recipe. I made the tutorial easy. Hope you will enjoy reading.
1. Mangoes - 500 gms
2. Red chili powder - 250 gms
3. Salt - 125 gms
4. Fenugreek seeds powder - 1 tablespoon
5. Mustard seeds powder - 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
6. Cumin seeds powder - 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
7. Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
8. Dried coconut powder - 125 gms (optional)
9. Peanut oil - 150 ml
10. Asafoetida - 1 teaspoon
11. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
12. Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
13. Dried red chili seeds - 1 teaspoon
14. Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Step 1: Getting Started With the Ingredients
Cut the mangoes into required shape of your choice. Pealing of the mango is of your wish. In this instructable I have peeled the skin of mangoes. In a container add on salt, coconut powder, mustard seeds powder, cumin seeds powder, fenugreek seeds powder, turmeric powder. Mix all the mentioned ingredients together and keep it aside.
Step 2: Getting the Oil Ready
Pour the oil into the deep frying pan (Khadai) and at a medium flame let the oil get heated. Add on fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chili seeds and asafoetida. Turn of the flame and add into the previous mixture made. Keep aside and wait until it gets cool down.
Step 3: The Last Step..
When the mixture gets cool down add the red chili powder and mangoes. Mix it thoroughly an store it in a container (glass container is preferable).
Step 4: Pro Tips in Making and Storing of Pickle
1.The container or whatever utensils are used in making of the pickle should be clean and dry.
2. The spices should be kept int sun so that they are dry and if the spices are readily not available then you can get the proper seeds and shallow fry with out oil, grind them and then use.
3.Keep everything away from water and any other moisture.
4.It would be better if you keep the container in sun for 1-2 days.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.