Introduction: Spicy Mushroom Black Pepper Chicken
South Indians usually prefer extremely spicy food and Pepper chicken is an extremely desired dish. Inorder to give a kick to our taste buds, we have included red chilly powder and green chilly along with black pepper. We've also added mushrooms with an attempt to elevate the meaty taste. This dish goes extremely well with steamed rice and with chapatis. Hope you like it. Thank you for reading this instructable.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Chicken - 1 lb
- Mushroom - 2 Cups
- Onion - 1 Cup
- Tomato - 1 Cup
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 3 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1.5 tbsp
- Black pepper powder - 1.5 tbsp
- Green chilly - 2
- Cumin powder - 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 Cup
- Mustard - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cloves - 7
- Cardamom - 4
- Cinnamon Stick - 3 medium size
Step 2: Preparation Steps
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- Once they crackle, add cumin seeds and chopped onion.
- Once the onions turn pinkish, add ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Once the raw smell of ginger garlic disappears, add chopped tomatoes along with chopped green chilly and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and Ensure the spices don't burn.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Over chicken is 75% cooked, add chopped mushrooms and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and cover the pan and cook. Mix occasionally.
- Cook till chicken cooks fully and water disappears. Turn off stove. Add black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander and serve along with steamed rice or along with chapati or any flat bread.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.