Introduction: Spicy Thai Red Chicken Curry
In this instructable I will show you how to make spicy Thai red chicken curry. This curry is simple and easy to make. You can eat it with some flavorsome soft flatbread (see my previous instructable how you can make this) and white rice.
The basis of this curry is a red Thai curry paste. To this we add some fresh ingredients like onions, garlic, two colors bell peppers and Garam masala. Garam masala is a spice that is made up of five different spices and really aromatic.
The star of the recipe is chicken. You slice the chicken into small cubes and combine it with one tablespoon of Garam masala. Put this in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, but overnight will intensify the flavors even more.
To fry the chicken, start with heating a skillet or baking pan and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Sauté the onion, bell peppers and garlic until they are soft and translucent. Then add the chicken and pan fry until nice and brown.
Now it is time to add the red Thai curry paste. Stir it through before you add a little water, so all of the curry paste and chicken mixture can be combined. When most of the water has evaporated you can perform the last step and that is to add coconut milk. Now let it simmer for at least 15 minutes, so the chicken can become soft and tender. Cook some Basmati rice while the curry is simmering and warm some flatbread in the oven. Wrap them in aluminum foil and heat them for 7 to 8 minutes.
Plate it up and start with some rice, then add the flatbread and a big topping of red chicken curry. Enjoy!
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the spicy Thai red chicken curry? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- ¼ red bell pepper
- ¼ yellow bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ cup of red spicy curry paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Step 3: Instructions
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and combine it with 1 tablespoon of Garam masala. Set aside in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Heat a skillet or baking pan and add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Saute onion, bell peppers and garlic until translucent.
- Pan fry the chicken with the onion, bell pepper mixture until the chicken has turned brown.
- Now add the red thai curry paste and stir it through the ingredients.
- Add some water so the curry paste can dissolve.
- Add the coconut milk
- Let is simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice and flavorsome soft flatbread.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.