It might sound weird, but once you try you'll realize sweet potatoes and black eyed peas were meant to be together!
It takes about an hour to make and will serve several people. :)
Step 1: Ingredients!
- one sweet potato
- one stalk of celery
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- roasted red pepper (equivalent to about half of a bell pepper)
- one heaping cup of dried black eye peas
- one onion
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- generous pinch of dried red pepper
- a tbsp or there-abouts of tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- water to cover (normally about 4 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste!
- chopped cilantro or parsley, about 2 tbsp to stir in at end. (optional)