Introduction: Spider Pig - Autonomous Hexapod Robot
Bachelor thesis project by a group of seven students (in applied physics and electrical engineering) at Linköping University, Sweden.
- 1x PhantomX AX Metal Hexapod Mark II Kit (including 18x Dynamixel AX-12 servos, excluding the ArbotiX Robocontroller)
- 3x ATmega1284p microcontrollers
- 7x IR distance sensors
- 1x ultrasonic distance sensor
- 1x MPU-6050 IMU
- 1x LCD display
- 1x FireFly Bluetooth modem
- 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- 1x Raspberry Pi Camera Board 5 MP
The robot can navigate a simple maze (containing both low and high obstacles) autonomously and be controlled manually with an Xbox controller connected to a PC. It communicates with the PC over Bluetooth.
The system is divided into three subsystems (control, sensors and communication), with one microcontroller each. The subsystems communicate via an SPI bus.
The Raspberry Pi is configured as a WiFi hotspot and streams video to a Linux computer.
The walking algorithm is based on inverse kinematics. A PD controller is used to keep it centered in corridors.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
it already has the codes for each legs?