This project was very fun and it involved a lot of creativity. Also the materials used in this project are based on your personal taste. I love the combination between white cement and copper or a copper with an old patina. So its up to you what kind of cement, stone powder of even stone rocks, it depends on your taste and the size of the project.
- white cement
- marble powder (for a smoother finish, not a rocky industrial one)
- board polystyrene foam(minimum 5 mm thick) for the mold in which you pour the cement
- copper pipe, copper fittings
- copper rod and steel rod
- copper wires or normal wires
- duct tape or something similar
- electric wires , light bulb, light bulb socket & all connecting stuff
- Dremmel tool or anything that can be use for sharpening a rod
Step 1: Creating the mold
As you can see, in the first picture this was my idea for the project. In the second picture you can see the shapes that I cut into the foam board. The shapes are informative and not to scale. I made the picture to show you the pieces required.
Draw all the pieces on the foam and cut them out using a knife( 3rd to 7th picture)
Cut 2 cm long pieces from some toothpicks to help you on the next tricky part(2nd picture).
Using the cut toothpicks combine all the pieces except the ones on top. Those pieces will be added after the frame is inserted to give strength to the concrete. See the way I combined them in the next pictures (8th to the last).
After you combine them, use some duct tape or something similar and put it over the edges to give them strength so they can hold the cement in while it hardens.